The “Renewable Energy Workshop Assistant (NQF-4)” course offers a comprehensive learning pathway for individuals interested in entering the renewable energy sector. This qualification is designed to reside within the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering fields, and it provides a robust foundation for further education and career advancement in these areas.
Embark on a journey into the heart of renewable energy with our NQF-4 level course. Designed for Grade 12 graduates or equivalent, this course delves deep into the electrical and mechanical aspects of renewable energy. You will engage with a curriculum rich in practical and theoretical knowledge, spanning key areas like solar photovoltaic systems, wind energy, and hydro systems.
Through 140 credits of compulsory modules, learners gain a robust understanding of Mathematics and Physical Science, foundational to this field. Modules like Renewable Energy Electrotechnology and Mechanotechnology are interwoven with specialized training in renewable energy systems.
Hands-on learning is a cornerstone of this course. Learners will practically apply their knowledge in constructing and testing renewable energy systems, ensuring a real-world understanding of concepts taught. The course is not just about technical skills; it also encompasses the societal and environmental impacts of renewable energy, preparing learners to be conscientious professionals in the field.
Assessments are carefully designed to align with each module, emphasizing both theoretical knowledge and practical application. For those with prior experience or qualifications, the course offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), ensuring that every learner’s journey is tailored to their background.
Upon completion, graduates are not only equipped with in-depth knowledge of renewable energy systems but also with the skills to progress further in electrical or mechanical engineering fields.
- To equip learners with essential skills and knowledge in renewable energy systems, including solar photovoltaic, wind, and hydro systems.
- Target Audience:
- The course is ideally suited for Grade 12 learners or individuals with a National Senior Certificate, Senior Certificate, or National Certificate (Vocational) at NQF Level 4.
- Modules and Credits:
- The course comprises a series of compulsory modules totaling 140 credits. Key modules include Mathematics, Physical Science, Renewable Energy Electrotechnology, Mechanotechnology, and various specialized modules in solar, wind, and hydro systems.
- Learning Outcomes:
- Learners will gain the ability to apply engineering principles to renewable energy problems, conduct tests and experiments, use modern engineering tools, and understand the environmental and societal impacts of renewable energy.
- Assessment Criteria:
- The course includes specific assessment criteria for each module to ensure a comprehensive understanding and application of the subject matter.
- Practical Application:
- A strong emphasis is placed on hands-on learning, where learners will engage in constructing and testing renewable energy systems, analyzing resources, and calculating system components.
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning):
- RPL is available for learners who may not meet the minimum admission requirements but possess relevant experience or qualifications.
- Career Pathways:
- Graduates will be well-prepared for roles in renewable energy, with the potential to progress further in electrical or mechanical engineering fields.
What Will You Learn?
- the ability to apply engineering principles to renewable energy problems,
- conduct tests and experiments,
- use modern engineering tools,
- understand the environmental and societal impacts of renewable energy.
Introduction to Renewable Energy.00:00
Overview of renewable energy.00:00
Legislative and economic frameworks.00:00
Legislation and regulations for workplace safety pertaining to Renewable Energy00:00
Occupational health and safety legislation00:00
Safety precautions and safe practices for working within industry and PV sites (including electrical burns)00:00
Personal protective equipment Topic 8 Safety symbols and colour coding00:00
Fundamentals of isolating and locking out equipment and processes.00:00
Fundamentals of securing worksites00:00
Earn a certificate
Add this certificate to your resume to demonstrate your skills & increase your chances of getting noticed.